Join us for a Live Seminar at the Art Gallery of Ontario the morning of December 1st to find out everything you need to know to create your own mobile or desktop application.
When: Tuesday, December 1st
Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
Where: Art Gallery of Ontario, Seminar Room 1
317 Dundas St. W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4
In order to develop and release a successful modern application, an organization must plan carefully and make some key upfront decisions. The December 1st “Building Your App” live seminar is the latest in a series of talks by New Toronto Group where we walk you through what you need to know before you start a new application project. In this session, Douglas Riches, NTG's Principal Consultant, will cut through the technical application development jargon and get straight to the essential knowledge you need in order to succeed.
Product Mangers, Project Managers, Executives or other business stakeholders, if you are looking to build a new application in the near future, this talk will be especially relevant to you. Application Developers, if you are planning a new project, please also attend and invite your managers to come with you.
- Sign-in & Breakfast
- Let’s get started – Introductions
- Overview of the current mobile and desktop application development landscape
- Review of the Major devices and operating systems
- Understanding App development Terms you will hear
- Understanding mobile: Native vs. Hybrid vs. Web App
- Mobile: Hybrid vs. Native performance
- Developing a mobile strategy
- Coffee Break
- Overview of some new application frameworks
- Understanding Mobile versus Desktop App capabilities
- Understanding App user interfaces
- Take a human centric approach
- Choosing a platform/technology
- Security in your networked applications
- Accessibility in your applications
- Planning for Testing your App
- Planning for Deployment of your App
If you have any questions, please contact;
Sales & Marketing Associate
905.897.7790 ext. 4047
We look forward to meeting you.
New Toronto Group