jQuery Mobile Essentials Training Course
In this jQuery Mobile training class, you will learn to use jQuery Mobile, an HTML5-based user interface system, to develop single sites for all popular smartphone, tablet, and desktop platforms. You'll learn how to use jQuery Mobile to handle touch events, build mobile-optimized forms and widgets, incorporate HTML5 features, leverage phone capabilities such as making calls and texting, and more. Along the way, we'll cover jQuery Mobile's extensive theme framework and plugin architecture.
The learning goals for this course are as follows:
- Learn about jQuery Mobile's capabilities, supported devices, and support for accessibility.
- Create page transitions, dialogs, and buttons optimized for mobile.
- Incorporate phone-friendly forms, sliders, dialogs, and other widgets.
- Handle touch, phone-orientation, scrolling and other phone events.
- Learn how to use jQuery Mobile to make calls, send SMS text messages, send emails, and display video.
- Extend jQuery Mobile's capabilities with the ThemeRoller framework.
- Create plugins and incorporate others' plugins into your code.
Register for NTG Training
jQuery Mobile Essentials - Training Curriculum
New Toronto Group
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 240
Mississauga ON L4Z 1S1,
Toll Free: 866-464-7790
Experience in the following areas is required:
- HTML 4
- Basic CSS
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
Module 1: What Is jQuery Mobile?
- Supported Devices/OSs/Browsers
- Levels of Support
- Progressive Enhancement
- Accessibility Support
- HTML5 and CSS3
Module 2: Getting Started with jQuery
- Hosting vs. CDN
- A Basic Page Template
- Ajax-driven Page Navigation
- Buttons and Linking Pages
- Page Transitions
Module 3: Widgets and UI
- Buttons and Toolbars
- Collapsible Blocks
Module 4: Events
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape)
Module 5: Integration with the Phone
- Making Calls
- Sending Emails
- Sending SMS Texts
Module 6: PhoneGap
- What Is PhoneGap?
- Accessing Native Phone Capabilities with PhoneGap
- PhoneGap Build
- Supported Devices
Module 7: The Theme Framework
- Themes and Swatches
- Lists and Buttons
- Overriding Themes with Custom CSS
Module 8: Plugins
- plugin Architecture
- Creating Your Own Plugin
- Using Others' Plugins